Thursday, January 13, 2011

November

Thankful - There were so many posts on blogs and Facebook about being thankful and I'm so grateful to each of you for reminding me of things that I am grateful for. I attended a funeral on January 8th of my aunts brother who died at a massive heart attack at the young age of 47. He left behind a beautiful wife and three children with the youngest only 9 and the oldest 19. It really hit me hard how fragile life is. He went to church and started having pain, collapsed, was rushed to the hospital and was pronounced dead not long after. Do we take the time to let our loved ones know how much we love them every day? Even just on our way to church? I hope I am better and loving more and nagging less. I am so grateful for my family, especially my husband and children. They are my life and unfortunately I am short on patience way more than I should be. Look at these faces? I am so blessed to have them and I hope I can be as good of a mom to them as my mom is to me. I am so thankful to have wonderful parents who love each other and love me. One of the few pictures I have both girls smiling. They were having fun trying on hats. I wish I could get them to smile like this when they are dressed up and have a cute background. Someday...
These are dresses that Mike got for the girls from Sears. I love them. They look so cute.
My kids have the funniest sleeping positions. Do yours too? If you haven't seen my other post on Brielle's sleeping positions, you should go back and look. She is hilarious. This one made me laugh with the pillow on her head.
Apparently Brooklyn can sleep anywhere. She has fallen asleep on the floor sitting up, in her chair just after eating and in Mike's arms sitting up when we were trying to get family pictures taken.
How did I get so lucky?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You ARE lucky...they are beautiful. Life is really precious...I hate to admit that I forget that more than I should.

emlizalmo said...

They are so beautiful, those sweet girls of yours. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about loving more and nagging less. Our drive to church is usually explosive with MY temper and kids craziness. I need constant reminders like this that my family is precious to me...I need to treat them that way. <3