Sunday, August 14, 2011
Monday, August 8, 2011
Man it has been a long time since I posted. I think today is a good day to do it! We got married 9 years ago today and I remember almost every detail. It was a very HOT August day. I remember getting to the temple about 10 minutes late and seeing the NERVOUS look on Mike's face (He never gets nervous). My nerves instantly dissipated and I couldn't stop smiling thinking about his face. We got married at 8:20 in the morning and I was the 8th bride out of who knows how many for the day. I remember feeling very excited that I got to spend eternity with this man who loved me so much. We had many family members and a few friends there. I remember we were over an hour late for our luncheon because our photographer would not stop taking pictures. I remember I wore white tennis shoes with ribbon laces so I didn't have to walk around in uncomfortable shoes the whole day. I remember my Grandpa Stoddard could no be there because he was not feeling well that day. I remember my younger sister not being endowed yet and how I yearned to have her in the temple with all of my other siblings and me. I remember going to Costco because we needed to get a few things for our honeymoon. I remember getting to the Anniversary Inn (the Lighthouse Room) and falling asleep on the floor playing Phase 10 at 5:00 pm because I had only gotten about 1/2 hour of sleep the previous night. I remember thinking how I had planned and thought about this day my whole life and I could not believe it was actually happening. I remember wishing my parents a happy anniversary because we got married on their 33rd anniversary in the same temple. It was a beautiful day and I am so grateful that I listened to the Spirit who told me Mike was the one I should marry and now we have two beautiful daughters who we love more than anything in this world! Here are 9 things I love about Mike in no particular order:
1. He makes me laugh.
2. He works hard at his job so we can have a nice house, food and clothing.
3. He is a great dad and loves his girls so much.
4. He is one of the most forgiving people I know.
5. He is genuinely a nice guy, which is one of the things that first attracted me to him.
6. He is nice to people, even if they may not deserve it. He always looks for the good in people.
7. He loves me and buys me things all the time.
8. He has a beautiful voice, which I could listen to ALL DAY LONG.
9. He is loyal and I know I can trust him always.
I love you Mike!
P.S. Happy Anniversary to my beautiful parents who I love so much!!