Sunday, January 9, 2011

Brielle's birthday

For Brielle's birthday, it was a Friday and so both Mike and I took it off and just spent the day with her. It was so fun. We took her to Pirate Island which she loves. Shell, Ariah and Jaron came with us. It was fun. After that we took her to Jump On It which is another favorite place.
This is a fun little machine. It takes them on an amusement park ride. Brielle and Ariah love it
The day after her birthday was when we had a Pirate Princess Party. I attempted a treasure chest cake and failed miserably. Oh well. If I try it in the future, I know some things to change.
Brielle loved her pirate princess party. She loves both of them, so we just combined them. I think some of my family thought we were weird, but Brielle had fun! I cannot believe she is 3 already. Where does the time go?
She ran off with quite a loot this year. We had many family members and friends that came and celebrated with us, although many couldn't stay for long, we appreciated them coming.
Oh how I love Brielle. She is the joy of my life. She is so funny and makes me laugh everyday. She says things that are far beyond her 3 years of age and I forget many times that she is just a little kid, until she does something that a 3-year-old does which drives me crazy. She is leaning to be softer with Brooklyn and now likes that she can actually play with her and give her toys to play with. She loves to look at books and most of the time will not go to bed when I put her in bed but looks at books for the next hour or so. She always sleeps with a little lamp on at night and completely melts down if we turn it off, so we leave it on all the time. She loves puzzles and baby dolls. Brielle loves to go anywhere away from home. She often will cry when we are headed home after playing at a playground or at someone else's house and say how she doesn't want to go home. I hope that changes in the future. We love our Brielle so much. She is such a joy and so sweet to other kids around her, for the most part. She was so excited to go to primary that I told her she needed to not wear a diaper to primary because they don't like changing diapers (which is true right??!?!?) so she potty trained herself. It has been so nice. I'm so glad she finally decided to do it. She still does not have a lot of hair and it is kind of thin so it is hard to do things with it but I think she is beautiful and marvel everyday that I have been blessed with such a beautiful, fun, sweet angel daughter.

2 comments:

Teah said...

The second picture you have of the girls caught me off guard because of how much Ariah looks like Shell. I had never noticed it so distinctly until that picture. It's fun when you get those pictures that show off how much your children look like you in certain ways. I have a few of Trey at four that look a lot like my four year old pictures.

Rachel said...

We love Brielle over here...and the kids are always excited when Daddy's not home and Mommy needs to go to choir. :) It looks like her birthday was a big success, judging by those big smiles. Good job, Mom. :) Happy Birthday, Brielle.