Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Christmas

While we were in Illinois we had a small Christmas with my side of the family. It was fun to see all the kids opening presents and enjoying them. Chris and Lisa gave Mike and I this beautiful picture of the Salt Lake Temple where we were married and etched in the clouds a Christus and also our names, date and temple we were sealed in. What a great gift! Oh and Brooklyn is eating my shirt.
We were in charge of our Weight Family Christmas Party and did Polar Express theme. It was a lot of work because we had Cafe Rio for dinner (homemade) but it turned out really cute and I think everyone had a good time. Brielle was so excited to sit on Santa's lap and get a present.


Brooklyn didn't mind being on Santa's lap either. We had a great Christmas morning at home and then went up to Mike's dad's house for dinner. Brielle got a lot of books for Christmas and many other fun things, including a new trampoline which we will set up once it stops snowing.
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and happy holidays and stopped to think about our Savior and the life he led and gave for us.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That Brielle cracks me up. I'm glad you were able to take a little trip and have some much-needed time with Mike. I hope more of that comes your way! :)

Lisa said...

We LOVED spending time with you in December! Your siblings post was wonderful.

Chris said...

Shar, it was so nice to be with you guys around Christmas

Chris

Unknown said...

Your blog is so fun to read! It helps me to keep updated on your wonderful family which I miss!! So glad you had nice trip visiting with your family.

Kristin said...

That last picture of Brielle is awesome. The books are great and man, is she going to have lots of fun on her new tramp. Lots of burned up energy!!! :-) Glad you had such a nice Christmas.

And also, congratulations on your weight loss. You are another inspiration. I am so happy for you and so proud of you.