Saturday, January 15, 2011

Illinois

My family, including my parents and siblings and their families, all went to Illinois for my brother and his family's big weekend. We started off with taking pictures Saturday morning.
We could not get Brooklyn to smile for the real photographer but I can get her to smile if I am taking it. I love this one of Brooklyn with her dad.
Here is my entire immediate family with their families. It was not such a great spot to take the picture and the other place we tried didn't work out, but we were all together and we had a great weekend together.
Then at 1:30 pm, my brother Donovan received his doctorate degree in History. He has worked really hard getting his degree as well as being a great dad to five kids. He is amazing!! Way to go Donovan!!!
At 5:00 on Saturday evening Donovan's oldest son, Trey, was baptized. I tried to get a picture with this post in the right area but could not. Anyway, it was great.

Then on Sunday morning Donovan's daughter, Eden, was blessed. It was such a fun weekend. Donovan and Teah had worked really hard to make it all nice and flow easy and it really did. It was so fun to have all my siblings together. I love them so much and love to be around them and their spouses. We have a lot of fun together. We came home on Monday, so the trip was short and sweet. Thankfully we had my parents on the flights we were on and it made all the difference in the world with our kids. Thanks mom and dad!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a neat weekend for your brother...that pic of Brooklyn with Mike is to die for. :)

Mindy Thomas said...

That is a BIG weekend! Those are such cute dresses! What a cute little family.