Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary


So since I only really take the time to post on the weekends I thought that I would wish my honey a happy anniversary on Friday, 08/08/08. This will be our 6th year anniversary. I cannot believe that it has been six years. Time flies when you are having fun huh? Mike and I met in Institute Choir at LDS Business College. Obviously I fell in love with his voice. If you have not heard Mike sing, that is a shame because I think he has one of the most incredible voices in the world! It is so pure and wonderful. Another thing that made me fall in love with him was his genuine interest in people. He really wants to get to know you and become your friend. He is so sweet and is kind to everyone he comes in contact with. He became my best friend quickly and that is how I knew we would be together forever. We were friends first. He also has always has treated me with respect and love. He never raises his voice at me and is the most forgiving person I know. He loves Heavenly Father and it shows in his actions. Mike is also an incredible cook. I gained weight quickly after we were married because I could not stop eating his amazing cooking. Mike likes to watch sports with me and so we have fun watching football, basketball, beach volleyball, the olympics etc, together. He loves his family and mine and we enjoy being around them and building memories. I found out recently (which I already knew this would be the case) that he is a great father. He loves Brielle and is always so good to her. He can get her to laugh way more than I can. He takes care of her any time I need him to without complaining. I think Brielle will be very close with him when she gets older. He also always makes me feel good about myself. He tells me he loves me everyday and constantly will compliment me on different things. There is hardly an anniversary, birthday, or Valentines day that goes by that he will not get me flowers and/or chocolate. He is very thoughtful and I never have to remind him about special occasions. Last of all, he loves me! He is my best friend and I thank Heavenly Father everyday that he allowed Mike and I to meet, fall in love and start a family together. My greatest hope is that we live worthy to be together forever. I love you Mike!!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary, you two! What a great post and tribute!

Kristin said...

Happy anniversary!! What a neat post--you two are a special couple. You are perfect for each other. I love that wedding picture. You guys are so cute. I am so glad to know you both.

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary! So fun to read all these posts. I LOVE the engagement picture of you two - so pretty.

Sarah said...

happy anniversary!

Emily said...

Happy anniversary yesterday! Hope that you had a great day!

Nick and Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! Our anniversaries are super close and only a year apart. It does fly by so fast! I am so grateful to have gotten to know you two, you two are great!

emlizalmo said...

You are 2 of the coolest people I know. I agree with all you said about your sweet husband. He is gem. Seriously. :)

Kristin said...

Okay Sharene--that picture of you on the side--your profile picture--is beautiful.