Friday, May 16, 2008

Tribute to my mom

This is my favorite picture of my parents. This is their engagement picture. I love it and think they both could be models, especially my mom. She is so gorgeous. Besides being gorgeous my mom is pretty much perfect. I have read a lot of tributes to moms after mother's day and was already planning on doing one to my mom since she IS the best mom ever. I have many friends who called her mom because she was a mom to them as well. Most of them got along better with my mom than their mom. When I was in YW, I was very sad by those YW who did not have good relationships with their mom. I have a fabulous relationship with my mom and always have. She was and is a supermom. She is one of those moms that had breakfast and dinner ready for us everyday. I really think that is why we as kids did so well in school because we always had a warm breakfast ready for us every morning. My mom was and will always be there for us. I remember many nights staying up late and talking with her about everything; I loved doing that and sometimes still do when we get together. I don't think much got by her. She is such a spiritual person. She has been in about every capacity you can in the church, and did an awesome job in each one. She was the primary choirster while I was in primary, the YW president when I was in YW and the relief society president just as I went into relief society. My mom loves her family and lets us know it. She and my dad used their time and money to plan fun family vacations that we as kids will remember forever. That is one thing I want to make sure we do with our family. When you grow up you don't always remember the toys and clothes you got, but you never forget a family vacation you went on. Those are the best! My mom is talented in music, playing the piano and singing and I think we learned to love music from her. My mom is one of those people who never sits still for long (I got that from her). She never sat and watched a movie, she was either labeling pictures, cleaning the kitchen floor, etc, etc. I had one of those picture perfect childhoods. My parents always told me that I never had to worry about them getting a divorce and that was very comforting to me. I want to make sure my kids know the same thing about Mike and I. There are so many things about my mom that I want to make sure I have for my kids and I want to thank her for all that she has done and will continue to do for me and my family. I love you Mom!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

sounds like you have a terrific mom! aren't moms the best?!

Kristin said...

yeah, she is pretty much perfect! Isn't it awesome what a great mother can accomplish?? And I have to agree she is gorgeous. This was a beautiful tribute, Sharene.