Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Be careful what you wish for

So as most of you know Mike has been working a lot lately; I mean a lot! He was leaving around 7 in the morning and not getting home until around 9 at night. There was even a day when he stayed at my sisters house in Taylorsville because it was too late to come home and he needed to be at work so early the next morning anyway. He worked many Saturdays and even a couple of Sundays. It was awful and I was starting to have a rough time being a single mom. I was wishing constantly that I could spend more time with him and what do you know, Mike lost his job. Inadvertently now we get to spend tons of time together which is great, but the hard part is we are not sure how we are going to pay our bills if he doesn't find something soon (especially all of our medical bills we now have because of our beautiful little girl). He has had a few interviews so we are hopeful. We feel at peace with it, but just because you feel peaceful it doesn't mean that you will not suffer a little. Please keep us in your prayers. We could use all the help we can get!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh hon--I will be praying for you. Money is so hard--jobs, etc. I am so sorry about him losing his. I know it does work out--but like you said, not always in the easiest way. Keep me updated.

Michelle said...

CRAZY! What kind of work is he looking for? There are some openings on our sales floor at Novell...let me know if you are interested. And I, too, have learned some scary lessons on "be careful what you wish for!"

emlizalmo said...

I'm so sorry. Hopefully he'll find something pronto. I'm so glad you're getting to spend more time with him though. Who knows, maybe this is just what you guys needed, and a better (at least for the family life) job is just around the corner!