Sunday, December 9, 2012

May 2012 - Red Rock Relay

 So in April we had ward choir at our house and afterwards my good friend Amy said that they were looking for people to run the RRR with them the first part of May and asked if I wanted to.  After explaining in great detail that I really didn't run (except jog slowly on the treadmill) I said I would if they promised it was okay if I walked most of the time.  She said yes and so I asked my incredible cousin Aubree if she wanted to join and she said yes, so we did it and it was definitely a highlight of my life.  I think I probably complained a little too much about how much better everyone else was than I was, but I'll tell you what, I LOVED IT!  I loved being in the van with everyone for 14 hours straight.  I loved cheering them on and having them cheer me on.  I did walk most of the time and flared up my asthma for a couple of months afterward but I had such a great time.  I am so thankful they invited me even though I was not a real runner.  They scenery was fantastic and it was a beautiful day for the run.  Above and below pictures are my cousin, Aubree, and I.
 I love this picture of Tara.  She looked perfect every step she took.
 Greg was having a great time!
 This little boy was a perfect angel the whole car ride.  I couldn't believe how good he was the whole time.  What a sweet face!
 Here we are at the end, Amy, Kris Tina, Greg, Tara, Me and Aubree.  We finished with smiles on our faces.  Thanks again for inviting me Amy and Kris Tina!

3 comments:

Kris Tina said...

Oh yay for the RRR! You ran it like a champion!

Kristin said...

That is awesome! I love it Sharene. Very cool. And that yummy picture of Henry. What a trooper.

Unknown said...

Good stuff!!! So gald you came. :)