Sunday, September 28, 2008

My sister tagged me - 6 interesting things about me

I don't know if these are interesting, but I tried to pick things that I didn't think most of you knew about me.

1. Mike and I met when I was 18 years old and I was married at age 19 in the SLC temple to my honey.
2. There are not many things that I love to do more than lay in the sun and read a good book. My parents used to do what we called a 'Summer Fun Chart,' which I would recommend to all of you parents. They would pay us 1 cent for every page we read in a book, and then 5 cents per sticker in other areas (such as cooking a meal for the family, helping with a big project, memorizing a scripture, etc). I developed a huge love for reading, as did my siblings. I wish I took more time to read now, because I sure do love it. If any of you want further information on the summer fun chart, please let me know. I definitely plan on doing it with my children as they get older. It is a great way to get your kids motivated to read as well as never be bored during the summer.
3. I am a game and game show-aholic. I LOVE to play games. I am addicted to them and have to play them at least once a week with either my husband, or friends and family. I also love almost all game shows. I think they are fascinating and I love watching and learning things on them.
4. I attended LDS Business College and received a degree in Medical Administrative Assisting (which is basically an office manager in the medical field) but now work at home 25-30 hours a week as a medical transcriptionist. I love it and am thankful everyday I get to be with my baby and watch her learn and grow.
5. I love sports!! I tend to watch more sports than my husband. I love watching football, basketball, volleyball, the Olympics and sometimes golf. I love to watch people exceed at a sport and I also enjoy playing most any sport. I played volleyball six years and played basketball three years when I was younger. Mike and I love to play Ultimate Frisbee so if anyone is up for a game, let us know.
6. I have a weird habit of wanting to lead music when I hear it. If I am listening to the radio, or Mormon Tabernacle Choir, or sometimes even when I go to a concert, I want to conduct the music. I love music and highly enjoy watching the conductors. They are usually very animated and fun to watch. I don't know where I got this weird impulse, but I think it might have something to do with. Mr. Holland's Opus. What a great movie!!!

Okay well now that that is over, I would like to tag Michelle M, Melissa Y, Kristin F and Susie S. Thanks for participating!!

3 comments:

emlizalmo said...

OK...2 things...WE NEED to play games together sometime. Really. We've got some great ones, and I'm sure you 2 have plenty we've never heard of.

Paying by the page. LOVE that idea! My kids get beads daily for small easy chores (an idea from teh Young's), then those beads turn in to pennies at the end of the month. I'm going to go add reading to the chart right now!

Melissa Yergensen said...

I love games too! We should get together some weekend, what fun! My sister in law introduced us to a new one called Time's Up. It's so funny.

Kristin said...

I also like to lead music when I hear it--ha!! Glad to share that obsession with you. I will blare the MOTAB and imagine I'm up there with them--either singing or leading.

Enjoyed reading about you. I will try to get back to you when i get a chance. I am so behind on my blog . . . oh about 4 or 5. Craziness.