Monday, May 3, 2010

Brooklyn's blessing day

On Sunday, May 2nd, we blessed Brooklyn. We started off happy and ended in tears. It was a beautiful day (not because of the weather but the spirit) with a beautiful blessing. Many family and friends came. We are so grateful for their love and support. After sacrament meeting, we came back here for food. It was yummy and we surprisingly fit around 55 people in our house/garage to eat. It was a great time. The tears came at the end when I was going to deliver back some tables and chairs to people we had borrowed them from. I opened the garage door and let Brielle start going towards the car. I went and grabbed a table and started out the front door. Well because it was so windy, it blew through the house and slammed the door shut on Brielle's beautiful little fingers. I was so sad and she was crying hysterically. I took her to the doctor and then to the hospital and found it had fractured her middle finger. Mike went and got her antibiotics and we have been keeping her going on Tylenol. I just keep imaging it in my
head and wondering how I could have been so stupid. Thankfully, she is doing pretty well and is resilient. Overall it was a good day, just a sad ending.
This was the morning of her blessing.
Isn't this dress absolutely amazing? My mom got it for her at White Elegance and I cannot believe how much I love it. It was hard to take it off of her.

Here are some family members of Mike who came.
This is a four generations shot of my grandma, Brooklyn, me and my mom.

Here is our family of four now. Wow, time flies. I feel like I was just in high school last week. In fact I still dream about being in high school all the time.

Here are my Uncle Randy and Aunt Meri. I was sad that we did not get pictures with everyone. It just went too fast.

Here are my mom's parents. They are wonderful people and I
am so glad that they were there with us.

This is Mike's Uncle Paul and his family. We love them so much!

Brooklyn with a cute expression in her beautiful dress.

Daddy and Brooklyn.

My favorite younger sister and her family with Brooklyn
(and yes I do only have one younger sister but she is my favorite!)

Brooklyn was so good during the blessing and was wide awake just staring around.

My parents with Brooklyn

Brooklyn and her new cousin Jaron.

My beautiful daughters. How did I get to be so lucky to have such amazing daughters? I thank Heavenly Father every day for them. We missed you Chris and Lisa and your family and Donovan and Teah and your family. We know you would have been there if you could!

3 comments:

Teah said...

Ah Thanks. You made me cry. It's a good cry though so don't worry. She is adorable and yes that dress is amazing. It makes me want a girl even more so Mom can find me a dress like that :). I hope Brielle gets feeling better. Accidents happen so try not to blame yourself.

Michelle said...

They are VERY pretty girls. Don't you LOVE how some days are just a whirlwind of so many crazy and good things??? Well, a day you won't forget, I'm sure. And the blessing was very sweet, for a very sweet little girl.

Lisa said...

Oh, I wish we could have been there! You got so many pictures of Brooklyn with such cute expressions on her face. She's adorable.