Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving



So for Thanksgiving we went to Illinois where my brother and his family live. They had twins in August and were blessing them the Sunday after Thanksgiving so my whole family went there. It was fun and crazy with all of the little kids. Here are a couple of pictures. Obviously the one with Mike, Brielle and I, and the other picture is my whole family currently. We jumped from 5 grandkids to 10 grandkids in one year! Pretty crazy. I'm very thankful for my family! We are dressed up in teams so everyone can see who belongs to who. My parents are in BYU blue. My oldest sister Shimayne and her husband are in Jazz colors. My oldest brother Chris and his family are in Utah State shirts. My brother just older than me, Donovan and his family are in Southern Illinois University maroon colors. Mike, Brielle and I are in Utah colors (since that is where he attended) and my younger sister Shelleen and her family are in Nebraska colors. Kind of a fun way to tell whose family belongs to who in a large family picture! I got that idea from a good friend of mine!

13 comments:

Melissa Yergensen said...

That is such a good idea! (Except for the fact that you had to wear a Utah sweatshirt!) :)
I just have to say I LOVE Brielle's beautiful smile. She looks like a little doll!

JaNae said...

Hey Sharene - your family is so cute! I love that you had your whole family in those different colors! Brielle is so adorable - I love her smile in that picture of the three of you! I hope things are going well and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season!

Isaak and Jackie said...

That is a cute idea except I thought you were a true BYU fan. I am glad all your family got together there is nothing better. you pronounce my girls names like...Jaelle (J L) and Miriam is pronounced the same way you do Moses sister in the Bible

Elke said...

Love how the Weight clan is growing! It's nice to see families that are so supportive of one another and who realize what a blessing family is! Lots to be thankful for!!! I love the two little teeth showing in Brielle's smile. What a little doll!!! Hope you are enjoying the holiday season!!!

emlizalmo said...

Your youngest sisters baby looks just like Brielle! What a fun trip. I bet you all had a blast together. :)

Olsen Family said...

Love the family picture. Miss you guys

Kasha Farmer said...

The family picture turned out really cute, I"m glad it worked. You look good as a Ute fan doesn't it feel so much better than wearing BYU stuff?

Erik said...

Man, you gotta get rid of that UofU junk. I can't believe you subjected your family to that torture :)

Shelleen said...

You win the prize for posting first about the trip and I must say I find it truly ironic that you made your U of U post right after posting about BYU.

Andrea said...

good for you guys for not being afraid that Ute clothes will burn your skin! :) We are coming for Christmas, but I told Jarom that I wasn't going to say anything to you about it until I show up on your doorstep! Will you guys be around?

Kristin said...

I agree with Melissa--great idea except for the red. heehee I love it though. Very cute

It looks so pretty there in Illinois. What a great family you have. Isn't it wonderful to be able to celebrate together?

Love your new background too. Very festive.

Kristi said...

What a great picture! Love the colors...although wearing a Ute shirt...I don't know about that Sharene! What was your last post!? Just kidding, it's super cute. We need to get together after the holidays!

Lisa said...

Brielle's pictures are so cute! Merry Christmas - ho ho ho.

Annie and Noah