Friday, January 22, 2010

Music

My good friend Amy did a post about her kids and some other kids they are friends with and I loved it. It brought tears to my eyes because these kids were singing a song that I taught them in primary and the Spirit is so strong when these kids sing! It made me think about Brielle and how much I love when she sings. She got a baby doll for her birthday that she has rarely played with. Well she received a cute set of things for her baby doll for Christmas from our good friends the Paynes including a little pack-n-play, a stroller, a bouncer and some other cute things. Well Brielle was putting her baby doll in the pack-n-play and I asked her if she wanted to sing a song to her baby doll. Without another thought she started singing I Am a Child of God to the doll. I almost started crying. It was the sweetest thing ever. I am so thankful for music and the role it can have in our lives. There is not much else that can bring tears to my eyes faster than children singing beautiful songs with their sweet voices. I am so thankful for my calling that I am able to hear children sing sweet primary songs each week. I am so lucky and I am so thankful for music!

5 comments:

Jeannette said...

Thank you for that awesome blog! You're so eloquent w/ words.

Kristin said...

And might I say you are so awesome at your calling? The children love you. That is why the primary program is so impressive--because of the music. Music is amazing--very powerful stuff. Your Brielle is a sweetie.

emlizalmo said...

Love it. If that's the first song that comes into her mind, you know she loves it, you know she believes it. Isn't that amazing?

Rachel said...

Music is amazing...one of the Lord's tender mercies in my own life. Ethan loves to sing, as well, and is already singing Primary songs (and still singing the ones you taught him in nursery). Thank you for sharing your talents with our children and influencing them for good!

Mom Weight said...

I love watching you teach the children the songs. You have them singing like no other. I love music, also. It is such a fantastic part of life.